Assignment 1b - Me, Myself & I
I first have each one of the figure drawn, then trying out different arrangements and colors for each letters in the figures. I heed on the advice of one of the classmates on previous tutorial session to highlight just one letter for each figure to show an obvious 'Chloe' hence, I've highlighted those letters in Pink, while the rest of the lines are in dull and light colors. Do note that I've colored the same letters the same color too(except of course the Bright Pink ones).
Below are the 2 of the nicer results...which I thought is really nice. I liked the effect of it being against the black background that give it a neon glowing touch. I prefer the arrangement of the top picture, it looks more natural, however my friend says that the 'h' (on the violinist) looks like an inverted 'y'. Therefore I did another one which shows a clearer name=]
However the most cruel part of this assignment came in when I was printing. Believe it or not, I spent an entire evening - FOUR HOURS 6pm-10pm, just trying to print this picture! I was so fed-up with the darn printer which has the color all wrong! For some reason, the red looks like green, green looks like blue or something else etc. I had to try all permutations of the color arrangement, print a few times to make sure, clean the printer and try again...wasted an entire bundle (used once before this only) of color cartridge. Even when the colors are sort out, I had to adjust the image on my computer to high contrast and brightness. All these efforts just to print a picture which is something much less than desirable. *arghh....
Anyway. I came to conclude and learnt that it is not easy for printers in general(even better ones) to print out the exact effect of the image you see on the computer. A glowing neon effect would definitely need some manual 'glowing effect' added onto the image. As what seemed like glowing in the computer with just straight lines (w/o any special effect added) is probably due to the screen of the computer emitting light on the lighter colors while the black background doesn't. And of course paper don't generate lights. Some tricks would always have to be done to create certain effects on print...
To conclude, after what I've seen from many of my classmate's works during the tutorial session mine does seemed really dull and unattractive in comparison. Though I really like the idea that mine is simple and sleek, it would definitely loose out after the lecturer and tutors have looked at so many graphically rich assignments during judging.
The idea of simply highlighting a particular letter for each figure also kills the initial idea of having 'chloe' in every figures as people would only see the highlighted letters without giving more thoughts to seeing each figure as having more.
Hence I'm going to work more on it. Perhaps creating a stage, add some lights and shadows and also to even out the colors on the figures to give each a more even and the right attention, instead of everything as just one.
========================================
Talking about stage... Here are some pictures I've taken in the past which might help me up in this assignment!!! =D

Post a Comment