Class Exercise E

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Task: Talking Forms

- Activity: Group of 2

- Size: A6

- Pick 2 words from the list

+ DW2: Flash, Blissful, Speed, Timid, Harmony, Afraid, Slow, Fearless, Energetic, Pause

+ DW5: Anxiety, Clutter, Disorder, Lively, Weak, Silence, Tough, Heroic, Pleasant, Maneuver

- Use basic elements (dot, line, shape...) to create 2 abstract/semi‐abstract images conveying meaning of these words (1 image per word).

- Medium: Hand Drawn/CG

=======================================================

[click on image to enlarge]

I've worked on this exercise with Siew Ting.

I've chosen the words Blissful & Speed

Siew Ting choose to use Weak & Silence.

----------------------------------------------

Blissful: When I think Blissful, I think of hearts, heaven, showered with love, clam, peace and happiness. Hence I have many components to this drawing. The different composite is written on the sketch above ^^

Speed: When I think of speed, I thought of 'Lightning' and fast moving cars/motors. Hence in this picture, I've drawn a yellow line resembling a lightning, yet it is a road which a vehicle might pass by (so fast that a long tail of light is captured. I've also added 3 lines which is a symbolic sign in comics of speed.

From Siew Ting's Blog: http://yalor-yalor.blogspot.com/
Weak:"I made use of curvy lines to portray the weakness as straight lines are usually associated with hard, strong or solid.By adding 2 black circles on the rounded head, this picture resembles a weak person with an arched back."

Silence:"I made use of circles to portray the meaning of the word. Here, I was aiming to show the kind of awkward silence that we sometimes encounter."

 
♥Chloé 9:49 PM,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment