Assignment 4 - Color Coalition
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Task: Design ONE postcard (both front and back) to promote, or create awareness of a chosen youth theme. The theme can be international, regional or local.
Learning Objectives:
1. Learn and explore various combination of color to express youth's energetic and dynamism
2. Understand process of color scheme selection and usage
3. Apply necessary techniques in communicating the message through colors and compositions
Thoughts:
When drafting out the idea on what to do for the postcard design, I know I didn't want to do Singapore Youths Olympic Games because it would have been boring.
Then I thought about COLORS, and what can I do with it...and while walking home...tadah! I've got an idea.
I remembered how we associate different colors with different emotions and how the lighting of a scene could affect the different interpretations of mood just like music.
...immediately, I associate different emotions and mood with how we might have different colors and people might misread our emotions sometimes and conclude it as another.
Then I thought about youth counseling services.
Research:
I went to do some research on the 'Emotion Color Wheel' and this is what I've used as a guide line!
Source: The Nature of Emotions by Plutchik
Learning Objectives:
1. Learn and explore various combination of color to express youth's energetic and dynamism
2. Understand process of color scheme selection and usage
3. Apply necessary techniques in communicating the message through colors and compositions
==================================
When drafting out the idea on what to do for the postcard design, I know I didn't want to do Singapore Youths Olympic Games because it would have been boring.
Then I thought about COLORS, and what can I do with it...and while walking home...tadah! I've got an idea.
I remembered how we associate different colors with different emotions and how the lighting of a scene could affect the different interpretations of mood just like music.
...immediately, I associate different emotions and mood with how we might have different colors and people might misread our emotions sometimes and conclude it as another.
Then I thought about youth counseling services.
Research:
I went to do some research on the 'Emotion Color Wheel' and this is what I've used as a guide line!
Source: The Nature of Emotions by Plutchik "Contact Youth was established in 1977 and is Northern Ireland’s regional Headquarter Voluntary Organisation for the provision of counselling services for young people
We provide face to face counselling to young people in the 11-25 age range throughout Northern Ireland, in community and post primary school settings, and for all ages through Lifeline our Suicide Prevention 24/7 free telephone counselling service available to call 24/7 on 0 808 808 8000."
My Design Idea:
Many teens find that no one understands their feelings. The postcard uses replicas of an ambiguous photo each with a different tint to bring out the different emotions. “What others are seeing might not be what it really is. We understand that.”
Processes:
I took some ambiguious photo of myself and choose the best one, photoshopped it.
...& here are the color explorations! =)
[click on image to enlarge]
FRONT:
♥Chloé 2:46 AM,





Post a Comment